Utility billing update September 2020
In late July, the City encountered a which disabled the Finance Department’s ability to process bills and utility customers’ ability to pay bills online. These systems are now operational. Customers will be receiving two separate bills, mailed in two separate envelopes; one for the August cycle and one for the September cycle. Utility customers should be aware that this system outage did not affect any water meter readings, and account balances may include two months of usage. Balances on accounts are not past due and late fees are currently being waived in order for customers to catch up on payments.
Ways to Pay
Receive Utility Bills by Email
You may choose to receive Lafayette utility bills via email. This convenient, paperless system offers a secure and environmentally-friendly way to receive your monthly utility bill. Please see the FAQs below for details about e-billing. Please note: If you sign up for e-bills, you will no longer receive paper bills by mail.
Connect or Disconnect Water Service
- Renters and/or landlords; call 303-665-5588 option 5 to connect or disconnect water service
- Title companies will call in the event of a property sale
Water Service Information
- Typical single family residential accounts use a 5/8" water meter
- In-city single family residential lots larger than 1/2 acre are allowed a 3/4" meter
- Out-of-city single family residential lots larger than 1/2 acre are allowed a 1" meter
- All out-of-city water accounts pay double the cost per 1,000 gallons, and double the monthly service charge
- Call Public Works Dept 303-665-5588 x1282 for rates on larger meters
- View all Rates and Policies