Libby and Overdrive (both made by Overdrive) offer the same content; you can even use both apps and your loans will sync across your devices.
If you have a newer smartphone, tablet, Kindle Fire, or newer computer, give Libby a try! If you have an eReader like a Nook or a Kindle Paperwhite, use an older computer, or want additional features like a wishlist or additional language support, try the original Overdrive.
- Can use with newer devices, but also supports older ereaders like Kindles and Nooks and old and new PCs.
- Can stream video.
- Smartphones, tablets, Kindle Fires, Windows or Mac PCs: download the app from Overdrive, Google Play, Amazon Appstore, or iTunes; follow prompts to access the Front Range Downloadable Library and link it to your Lafayette, Colorado Library card. Tip: Have it remember your card number.
- Kindle Paperwhites or other eReaders: navigate on your device to Front Range Downloadable Library (https://frontrange.overdrive.com), select a book to borrow, then follow steps to log in using your Lafayette Library card. (Don’t choose option to make an Overdrive account; use Library card option, and click choice to have it remember your card number.
- Alternate option for ereaders - do the borrowing step above on a PC, and select option to send the loan to your Kindle device.
- Use Overdrive from a web browser (or download the program to a PC to use materials offline)
- Overdrive Device Help
- Overdrive Help
Libby (by Overdrive)
- Best option for newer devices. Use with devices running iOS 9+, Android 4.4+, Windows 10 (desktops/tablets/mobile)
- Does not stream video, only eAudiobooks and eBooks.