Wilson Community Garden
"No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, and no culture comparable to that of the garden." - Thomas Jefferson
Wilson Community Gardens
Looking for space to grow your own "farm" fresh vegetables and herbs? Look no further than the Wilson Community Garden in Lafayette. Located at the intersection of West Emma and Miller Streets, 500 South Miller Avenue, you can reserve your own little piece of farmland right in the middle of town.
2020 Season Updates:
CANCELLED: March 12th: Wilson Gardens Informational Meeting
Opening Date : April 15, 2020
We are happy to inform you that the renovations to Wilson Gardens are completed for gardening! An official email will be sent to gardeners with more information.
To limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus, gardeners will be responsible for taking the following necessary precautions until further notice:
- Please use only your own equipment/tools
- “High-touch” areas are NOT disinfected or sanitized.
- Please bring disinfecting supplies to sanitize high touch areas including: pump activator button, hose bibs, hoses etc. before and after each use.
- Practice six-foot physical distancing at all times
- Limit groups to 4 or fewer actively gardening members of your immediate household.
Wilson Community Gardens is Being Improved!
New Features & Benefits
- Garden through 2020 - No Season Closing Date
- Winter Gardening is now an option
- Retain Your Selected Plot for 2021 and on!
- New 8'x10' Tool Storage Shed
- Dumpster on concrete pad for garden waste
- Crusher fine paths within the gardens
- Additional Parking - parallel parking spots along alley allowing easy loading/unloading access to garden plots
- Year-long reservations - at end of reservation period, current gardeners will have first option to rent the same plot for each succeeding year
- CANCELED: March 12th: Wilson Gardens Informational Meeting for registered gardeners and anyone interested in the Gardens. Held at the Bob Burger Recreation Center, starting at 6:15pm. CANCELED
What you need to know:
- Target Opening Date: Mid-April (this may change due to weather or construction)
- Plots are available on a first-come first-served basis
- Plots are limited; two plots per gardener
- Dates specific to the 2020 gardening season are indicated on the Rules and Regulations form.
Please register online or visit the Bob L Burger Recreation Center to reserve your garden plot for 2020.
Each gardener must sign the Rules and Regulations form and the Waiver (see link above for Rules and Regulations form) and included with on-line registration.
Questions? Call the Bob Burger Recreation Center at (303)665-0469.
Concerns at the Gardens? Email Dan Finn & Becca Mack
Wilson Gardens - 2020 Program Fees
Annual Plot Fee
|Large 20'x20' - In-ground bed||400||$75.00|
|Medium 10'x10' In-ground bed||100||$50.00|
|Small 2'x8' Raised bed||16||$35.00|