Lafayette Public Library will be closed Labor Day Weekend September 2nd, 3rd and 4th so that the servers hosting the Flatirons Library Consortium catalog can be migrated from the City of Boulder to Marmot Library Network.
But why are we closed?
- PIKA (our online catalog) will be down September 2nd; there will be no service available.
- Patrons will have limited access to online accounts (PIKA); details of items currently checked out will be unavailable. Note: The catalog will be offline and will not be updating with check-outs, and so the catalog will not accurately reflect the items on the shelf.
- Public computers will be unavailable because the SAM software will be unable to authenticate with the Sierra system.
- Sierra will be DOWN and staff will be unable to search or access customer accounts.
- Online databases (including Overdrive downloadable library) will be unavailable.
- We will use the time we are closed to complete some maintenance projects that are easier to accomplish without staff/customers in the building.
Full service should resume on Tuesday September 5th!
Our September Library Newsletter will be released on September 5th.
Thanks for your patience!