From the Director
A Culture of Reading
At the library we are committed to cultivate a culture of reading in Lafayette, and our services and programs reflect our commitment. Here’s an overview of just some of the literacy building services we offer to the community.
* Our staff are happy to make suggestions of great reads, and you can learn what we are reading, by following our blog Books and Beyond
* With your library card you can access Novelist
, a database full of read-alikes and other recommended reads for all ages.
* Follow the library on GoodReads
, a social network for readers.
* Be part of Lafayette READS!
It’s a great way to find a good book and meet community members. This community reading group offers quarterly selections and book discussions.
* Summer is coming! We will be in our Lafayette community schools this month, distributing information about Summer Reading
– so watch your child’s school take-home folder for more information.
* Visit us at the library booth on May 12th at Lafayette’s Art Night Out
. We’ll have a giant Connect 4, crafts, and other fun surprises for kids and families.
* Finally, the Gaea Shaw Homework Center closes for the school year on May 18, but drop in before then for support with finals and end-of-year school projects from our amazing tutors! Keep reading! - Melissa Hisel, Library Director