Recreation facilities in the City of Lafayette are reopening with restrictions and safety measures in place.
- Great Bark Dog Park
- Disc golf course at Waneka Lake Park
- Lafayette Skate Park
- All public playgrounds
- All public picnic areas and public shelters
- All public restrooms in parks and open space
- All public basketball courts
- All public volleyball courts
- City-owned tennis courts
- Classes and Programs: registration available on our website; classes added on an ongoing basis.
- Sports Programs and Activities: registration available on our website; programs and activities added on an ongoing basis.
- Sport Field Reservations: reservation requests in compliance with guidelines are being accepted; user group must submit a program plan and work with staff on implementation details.
- Waneka Lake Boathouse: limited offerings and pre-registration
- Park Shelter Reservations: reserve
- Outdoor Pickleball Courts (located in the in-line skate rink at the Bob L. Burger Recreation Center parking lot): online reservation system
- Bob L. Burger Recreation Center Fitness Area: opening June 24 for individual cardio and strength fitness workouts by reservation only.
- Bob L. Burger Recreation Center Pool: opening June 24 for lap swimming and river walking. Open swim will not be offered at this time. Lap swim reservations must be made in advance.
- Bob L. Burger Recreation Center Gym: opening June 24 for registered program participation only. Drop-in basketball or pickleball play will not be offered at this time.
The following remain closed until further notice:
- The Great Outdoors Waterpark (will be closed for the entire 2020 season)
- Senior Center
- Festival Plaza Splash Pad
- Bob L. Burger Recreation Center Drop-in Child Care
- Bob L. Burger Recreation Center Racquetball Courts
- Bob L. Burger Recreation Center Room Rentals
- Bob L. Burger Recreation Center Hot Tubs, Steam Room and Sauna
When visiting Waneka Boathouse:
- Advanced, online reservations for boat rentals will be required.
- Kayaks and Stand Up Paddleboards will be available for rent.
- Must be at least 12 years old to rent a watercraft.
- Paddleboats and Canoes will not be available.
- Payments will be required at the Lake Waneka boathouse.
- Drop-in boat rentals will not be available.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own Coast Guard approved lifejacket.
- Fees for all watercraft are $10 for 30 minutes.
When participating in programming or visiting staffed facilities:
- Indoor facility access will be limited. All those entering our facilities must have advance registration.
- All those entering our facilities will be asked health-screening questions.
- Face coverings will be required for arrival, departure, and in all common areas. Face coverings may be removed while participating, such as when using equipment or actively participating in a class, as long as guests are able to maintain 6-foot distance from others.
- Guests should bring their own water bottles. Guests will be asked to sanitize all equipment, machines, and lockers used. Staff will be sanitizing commonly touched surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the facilities. Guests are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water frequently, and use hand sanitizer when they are not able to access soap and water.
Bob L. Burger Recreation Center information:
- Annual Pass Holders
- The expiration date on your annual pass will be extended by the number of days the Bob Burger Recreation Center was closed.
- Monthly Pass Holders
- Details regarding the schedule to resume processing monthly payments will be sent soon.
- 5-visit Punch Card
- Daily drop-in visits to the BBRC will not be offered.
- Patrons will be required to pre-register for a time slot and use a punch card or pass.
- Only cashless transactions will be accepted.
- Purchase a 5-visit punch card; monthly pass; or annual pass prior to arrival.
- Punch cards can be purchased online.
- Advanced reservations must be made for limited work-out time slots.
- Spectators will not be admitted.
- Racquetball courts will be used for a stretching area, and not available for play.
- Avoid using showers.
- Bring your own lock. A limited number of lockers will be available.
- Towel service will no longer be offered and locks will not be available for check out.
- The pool will be open for lap swimming only by advanced reservation.
Hours of operation for Bob L. Burger Recreation Center: