The Youth Advisory Commission (LYAC) engages Lafayette youth in outreach, advisory, and educational opportunities through solutions‐based discourse and action. LYAC, which is a municipal board, makes recommendations to the City Council on youth‐related issues and other relevant topics, organizes annual service events, and directly addresses issues impacting local youth.
- Members are appointed by the City Council to serve a one‐year term (from Aug. to Aug.), and may reapply to serve subsequent terms.
- Meetings are held on the first and third Wednesday of the month at 6:30pm at the Bob L. Burger Recreation Center, 111 W. Baseline Road, Lafayette, CO 80026.
Requirements & Duties
- Be a current resident of Lafayette or currently attend a Lafayette middle or high school
- Be between the ages of 11 and 18
- Attend meetings
- May be asked to attend other meetings or volunteer at special events to promote work of the committee.
To lean more or to apply click here.