Boulder County is now in the Safer at Home phase in response to fighting the COVID-19 epidemic. Under the Safer at Home phase, Coloradans are no longer ordered to stay home, but are strongly advised to stay at home when possible. Lafayette Parks and Open Space Trails are open for residents to recreate outside while maintaining six-foot social distance and wearing cloth face coverings.
The following park amenities and locations are open:
- Great Bark Dog Park
- City-owned tennis courts
- Disc golf course at Waneka Lake Park
- Skate Park
- All public playgrounds
- All public picnic areas and public shelters
- All public restrooms in parks and open space
- All public basketball courts
- All public volleyball courts
- Waneka Boathouse. Click here to reserve your boat.
The following are closed:
- The Great Outdoors Waterpark (Closed for the entire 2020 season).
- Festival Plaza Splash Pad
The following guidelines are in place specifically for playgrounds:
- Playgrounds are not sanitized. Use caution and individual sanitation procedures before and after use.
When visiting our Parks and Open Space Trails and utilizing our open Park amenities:
- Follow all rules and regulations.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from others on trails, in parks, and while walking pets. This six-foot distance should be maintained with anyone not in your household.
- Visit parks and trails close to home to minimize travel.
- Avoid groups.
- Wear a cloth face covering when social distancing cannot be maintained.
If we work together to ensure the health and safety of our community, we can help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Lafayette Open Space & Trails
For specific questions or more information about the Safer at Home phase visit this webpage or call 720-776-0822.