The original item was published from 4/6/2020 10:06:00 AM to 4/6/2020 10:08:20 AM.
Posted on: March 20, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Older Adult Resource Quick List to Refer to During Covid 19 Closure
We are still here to support older adults in Lafayette. If you are struggling to get the supplies you need, or need any other type of assistance, please reach out to the Senior Center for assistance in finding solutions.
Senior Center – 303-665-9052– voicemail is checked multiple times a day
Dinah Pollard, Resource Coordinator, at 303-661-1499 or email@example.com
Older Adult Resource Quick List to Refer to During Covid 19 Closure
MEALS, GROCERY SHOPPING, PICKUP AND DELIVERY SERVICES
OLDER ADULT SPECIAL SHOPPING HOURS AT LOCAL AREA STORES
• King Soopers has special shopping hours for older adults M, W, F, 7-8a.
• Walmart special hours are Tu, 6-7a.
• Alfalfa’s/Whole Foods special hours are 1 hour prior to opening.
• Safeway & Albertson’s are Tu, Th, 7-8a.
• Target is 1st hour of opening on W.
ONLINE SHOPPING OPTIONS
These are experiencing high demand and may be intermittently unavailable or may not have all the items you need. Keep checking back if you are unsuccessful the first time.
- King Soopers - King Soopers offers online shopping with options for self-pickup (currently free) or delivery ($9.95). Visit www.kingsoopers.com , create an account and make sure to select the correct pickup location at the top of the webpage. Digital coupons available online, too. Please note that due to high demand, online orders and delivery may be limited and scheduled several days out.
- Instacart - Instacart costs $7.99 for one-hour delivery or $5.99 for two-hour or more delivery (you can select one-hour time windows), though the price can increase at particularly busy times. For free two-hour delivery on orders $35+, you can pay a $149 yearly membership. A tip gets added on automatically. You have to sign up and order online at www.instacart.com. Instacart serves King Soopers, Sprouts, Vitamin Cottage, Costco, Sam’s Club, Safeway and Petco in this area.
FREE GROCERY DELIVERY SERVICES
GROCERY SOURCES FOR INCOME QUALIFIED RESIDENTS
- Sister Carmen- For those who get groceries from Sister Carmen, they have switched from a shopping model to preparing pre-packaged food boxes available on their normal days and time. Call 303-665-4342.
- Community Food Share/Elder Share - Community Food Share & Elder Share is another free food pantry/grocery warehouse for income qualified residents. They have switched from a shopping model to preparing pre-packaged food boxes. Call 303-652-3663.
CARRYOUT FOOD AND MEAL DELIVERY
- Meals On Wheels - Coal Creek MoW delivers hot meals and occasional “blizzard bags” full of groceries and household essentials. Cost is on a sliding scale. Call 303-665-0566 to request services. www.coalcreekmow.org *As of 3/16, the congregate meal site at Josephine Commons is closed. They are providing deliveries only at this time.
- Mom’s Meals- Mom’s Meals is a government/insurance subsidized prepared meal service program offering nine different health condition menus, https://www.momsmeals.com / 1-877-508-6667. You might qualify for government or health plan assistance and have Mom’s Meals delivered at little or no cost to you. Call BCAAA at 303-441-1617 to determine if you qualify or check with your health plan. You can also self-pay and receive meals at an affordable cost.
- Uber Eats – No-Contact Delivery | www.ubereats.com
Browse nearby restaurants that deliver. Get fast food, brunch, lunch, dinner, groceries & more. Order food online or in-app.
- DoorDash® - No-Contact Delivery | http://www.DoorDash.com. No Delivery Fees on Your First Order. Search by Cuisines. No Minimum Order Size.
PUBLIC ASSISTANCE BENEFITS
- Aging and Disability Resources for Colorado - BCAAA’s ADRC is still providing assistance by phone for people needing streamlined eligibility determination for public programs. 303-441-1617
- BoCo Housing and Human Services - HHS can provide phone assistance with housing waitlists, applications and some public assistance programs information. 303-441-1000
MEDICAL & MEDICARE RESOURCES
- Chinook Pharmacy - Chinook Pharmacy does home delivery of prescriptions. 720-458-4887
- Dispatch Health - Dispatch Health does house calls on-demand 7 days a week and works with all major health insurance. 303-500-1518. *As of 3/13/20, they are still able to handle new clients.
- BCAAA Medicare Counseling Program - People approaching their 65th birthday and those already on Medicare can still make an appointment for 1:1 counselling by phone. 303-441-1546
- Via Colorado - As of 3/13/20, Via is operating as usual, limiting trips to one person at a time and going outside of their normal service area to make sure people get to medical appointments. Call 303-447-2848
- Well Connected - Well Connected offers activities, education, support groups and friendly conversation over the phone or online for adults 60 and over.
Winter/Spring Catalog of Programs
Social Call- Well Connected’s Social Call volunteers call registered clients 60 and over for a weekly phone visit. For more information on this program call 877-797-7299 or email Well Connected.