Library Status: Closed
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community the Lafayette Library will remain closed to the public, and all events canceled, until further notice.
How to Reach Us
- Contact us online or leave a message at 303-661-5200. Staff will monitor phone message and emails and reply as time permits.
- Meeting room refunds: all room bookings have been canceled for March 13 - April 30; later bookings may still be canceled should the closure continue. All affected customers will be notified. To obtain a refund for any rooms already paid for, please fill out this form: https://cityoflafayette.com/libraryspacerefund
Stay Updated: News, Virtual Events & More
- Items on Hold: Items ready for pickup will not expire, and will be able to be picked up for seven days after the Library reopens.
- New Holds or Item Requests: holds and requests on physical items are suspended; overdrive items can be put on hold. Catalog users can use Add a List link under catalog items as a way to track items to request when libraries reopen.
- Due Dates: No items will be due while the Library is closed; no fines will be charged for overdue items, as is our standard policy.
- Book Drops: Locked. Enjoy your checkouts as long as we are closed!
- Renew Cards: recently expired or expiring cards have been renewed. Questions? Contact us online or call 303-661-5200 and leave a message. Staff will monitor phone message and emails and reply as time permits.
- New Cards: we are now able to make temporary online cards to use online magazines and databases, as well as Overdrive instant cards for access to ebooks and audiobooks. Read on for details.
- FAQs: Library closure and resources
Main portal: https://cityoflafayette.com/libraryonline
No Card? No Problem!
Ebooks, Audiobooks, and Virtual Storybooks
Borrow eBooks & audiobooks (use free Ovedrive or Libby app, or use a computer)
Don’t have a library card? Use the Instant Card link for access to ebooks and audiobooks using Overdrive or Libby.
How to Get Started | Downloadable Library | Instant Card
Watch virtual storybooks or do math tutorials (available through August 30th; no Library card needed)
Borrow eMagazines (Use RBDigital on a device or a computer)
Have your Library card number (or new temporary card number) handy. Make your free RBDIgital account using our link: https://cityoflafayette.com/RBDigital.
Newspapers, Databases & Research
If prompted, enter your name, and Lafayette Library card number. Get a temporary card if you don’t have one.
We look forward to reopening the building as soon as we’re able to safely do so; thank you for your patience.
- Melissa Hisel, Library Director