Haga clic en el botón de Google en la parte inferior de la página para estar al día con las noticias y con los recursos de la Biblioteca que puedan usar mientras estamos cerrados.
Library Status: Closed
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community the Lafayette Library will remain closed to the public, and all in-person events canceled, until further notice. No-contact Curbside Hold Pickup (by appointment) will begin June 1.
How to Reach Us
- Contact us online or leave a message at 303-661-5200. Staff will monitor phone message and emails and reply as time permits.
- Meeting room refunds: all room bookings have been canceled for March 13 - July 31; later bookings may still be canceled should the closure continue. All affected customers will be notified. To obtain a refund for any rooms already paid for, please fill out this form: https://cityoflafayette.com/libraryspacerefund
Stay Updated: News, Virtual Events & More
- New Holds: Items requested online may be retrieved using no-contact Curbside Hold Pickup (by appointment) - Starts June 1. (Notifications include a link to select a 1-hr window for curbside pickup: items will be on hold for 10 days from that notification.)
- Holds from FLC/Prospector libraries/New items: Starting June 1, Lafayette cardholders may request Lafayette items. Holds and requests on physical items from other libraries, and new purchase requests, are suspended. Overdrive items can be put on hold.
- Due Dates: No items will be due while the Library is closed; no fines will be charged for overdue items, as is our standard policy.
- Book Drops: Open (starting June 1). Most currently checked-out items have been renewed until June 30. (As always, no fines on overdue items; return your items to our outside book drop as soon as you feel comfortable doing so.)
- Renew Cards: recently expired or expiring cards have been renewed. Questions? Contact us online or call 303-661-5200 and leave a message. Staff will monitor phone message and emails and reply as time permits.
- New Cards: we are now able to make temporary online cards to use online magazines and databases, as well as Overdrive instant cards for access to ebooks and audiobooks. Read on for details.
- FAQs: Library closure and resources | Curbside Hold Pickup
Main portal: https://cityoflafayette.com/libraryonline
No Card? No Problem!
Ebooks, Audiobooks, and Virtual Storybooks
Borrow eBooks & audiobooks (use free Ovedrive or Libby app, or use a computer)
Don’t have a library card? Use the Instant Card link for access to ebooks and audiobooks using Overdrive or Libby.
How to Get Started | Downloadable Library | Instant Card
Watch virtual storybooks or do math tutorials (available through August 30th; no Library card needed)
Borrow eMagazines (Use RBDigital on a device or a computer)
Have your Library card number (or new temporary card number) handy. Make your free RBDIgital account using our link: https://cityoflafayette.com/RBDigital.
Newspapers, Databases & Research
If prompted, enter your name, and Lafayette Library card number. Get a temporary card if you don’t have one.
We look forward to reopening the building as soon as we’re able to safely do so; thank you for your patience.
- Melissa Hisel, Library Director