When we joined the Flatirons Library Consortium a couple years ago, it immediately put many thousands more items at your disposal. If a book isn’t on our shelves, we can usually have a copy delivered within a couple days, because more than 98% of items requested are available through the six FLC libraries.
But what about those books, DVDs or CDs that aren’t in the FLC collections? Fortunately, you’ll find most of those through Prospector, our interlibrary loan arrangement that checks dozens of other public, university and specialty libraries in and around Colorado.
How to Find Prospector Items
- Do a search in our FLC catalog first.
- At bottom of each page of search results, you will see the Prospector graphic, and button labeled "See more results in Prospector."
- That button launches your search in Prospector, displaying results from all of the other affiliated libraries.
- To request an item, select button “Request It” when you find the item.
- Enter your name and library card number, and select Alliance: Lafayette Public Library from the drop-down list. We will call or email when your item is delivered here.
- Check on your item: log into your library account, and you will see the request in your list of holds.
Let us know if you’d like a quick demonstration on using Prospector - we’ll help you access almost any item you need!