Help guide the future of Lafayette by serving on one of these key City advisory committees. Applications will be accepted through June 5, 2019
The Planning Commission makes recommendations to the City Council on land use issues such as rezoning, subdivisions, planned unit developments, and site and architectural plan reviews. The Commission also makes decisions on special use reviews.
- The seven members serve four-year terms.
- Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday and following Wednesday of the month at 7 pm in the Council Chambers at City Hall.
Desired Qualifications and Interests
There are no minimum skills and abilities that an applicant must have to be appointed as a Planning Commissioner, however, there are skills and abilities that make a quality Planning Commissioner. Please review the full job description for.
Visit https://cityoflafayette.com/joinPlanningCommission to learn more and complete an online application for a Planning Commission position.
Lafayette Urban Renewal Authority (LURA)
The Lafayette Urban Renewal Authority (LURA) is the public entity to affect revitalization and redevelopment in the downtown area. The authority works in partnership with property owners to improve existing structures, bring new commercial and mixed-use development to raw land within the blighted area, and prevent deterioration of properties within the area.
- The seven members serve three-year terms. There are two alternates.
- Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm at City Hall.
- Additional meeting may be held on the fourth Tuesday of the month.
Desired Qualifications or Interests
Member job description
Visit https://cityoflafayette.com/1593/Join-LURA to learn more and complete an online application for a LURA position