Applying for a City Job
How Do I Find Out About City of Lafayette Jobs?
- Visit the Job Opportunities section of our website to browse job listings, job descriptions, and salary information.
- Job vacancies are also posted in the Human Resources office at City Hall, 1290 S. Public Rd., Lafayette 80026.
- Subscribe to our job posting notifications to be automatically alerted about the latest career opportunities.
How Do I Apply?
Once you have found a job opening that interests you, you can apply online or submit a paper application.
- Paper applications are available in our office. Paper applications may be faxed, emailed, or returned to our office.
- A City of Lafayette application for employment is required. Resumes are accepted in addition to the application, but may not act as a substitute.
- Complete a separate application for each job.
- Be aware that we only accept applications during the announced recruiting period; please check the application deadline. Job openings listed as "open until filled" have no specific filing deadline.
- All statements on the application for employment must be true and complete. Falsification or omission of information provided on the application or resume will disqualify anyone from further consideration for employment, and may result in a dismissal if discovered at a later date.
- Applications must be received in the City of Lafayette, Human Resources Office by close of business on the announced closing date; postmarks are not acceptable.
Visit The Employment Process page for valuable information about the job application process.