Art on the Street: See & Respond
Art on the Street: See & Respond! Meet the Artists Reception
Saturday, October 13, 2018; 6:00—9:00 p.m.
Lafayette Public Library
Join us for live music, art, a poetry reading and wonderful community appreciation! Prizes will be awarded for See & Respond and winner of the Art on the Street, Jean Mellblom People’s Choice Award will be announced.
We will serve hearty appetizers & desserts. Wine and beer will be available.
SEE the AOTS sculptures & get INSPIRED to RESPOND with your entry !
2018 See & Respond Call for Artists - Deadline passed
Poets and 2-D artists of all kinds are invited to See & Respond to the 2018 Lafayette Colorado Art on the Street collection by writing poems or creating 2-D works of art in any medium that are inspired by any of the 2017 Art on the Street sculptures.
All art, photo and poetry entries were due September 20; 5 PM
New drop off instructions: Any type of entry may be dropped off at The Collective during normal business hours.
- Cash prizes available for 2-D Art, Photography and Poetry inspired by 2018 Art on the Street
- Three age groups: adult, teen and youth
- Limit of two entries per person in any combination of poetry and/or 2D art
- $10 entry fee for each adult submission - Make checks payable to ARTS!Lafayette
- No entry fee for teen and children entries
- Entries must be suitable for all ages and to be on display in a public facility.
- All entries must be submitted on official form delivered according to the directions on the entry form
- Teachers wishing to submit batch entries must contact Susanb@cityoflafayette.com for special instructions.
- All artwork shall be delivered to The Collective, 201 N. Public Road no later than September 20, 2018; 5 PM
- Selected art will be on display in the library gallery during the See & Respond show in October 1 - November 3, 2018
- Selected art must be framed or wrapped canvas with a wire on the back in order to accommodate the hanging system
- Youth work must be framed with a hanging wire on the back, or fit in 8"x10" or 11"x14" size frame.
- Poems may not exceed 2 pages
- Poems should be in a standard 10pt or 12pt font
- Two printed copies, one with no authors name, should be mailed or delivered by September 20, 2018, with the entry form to:
- 201 N Public Road; Lafayette, CO 80026
- Selected poetry will be on display in the library gallery during the See & Respond show in October.
Contact Susan Booker for special instructions for submitting student work.