Reduced Rate Program
The City of Lafayette provides a program for eligible participants, which will reduce fees for youth by 50% for activities, sponsored by the Recreation Department, as well as reduce the daily admission fee by 50%. This reduced rate program is available to all Lafayette Residents meeting one of the following guidelines:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Social Security Income (S.S.I. or S.S.D.)
- W.I.C. Recipients
- Section 8 or Public Housing
- Medicaid Recipients
- Food Stamps
- Free/Reduced Lunch Program
- Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)
All applicants 18 years and older MUST provide:
1) ID (one of these): Colorado Driver’s License
Colorado Identification Card
U.S. Military Card
Native American Tribal document
2) Must sign the Lawful Presence Affidavit (included in the Reduced Rate Application)
Please Note: Proof will need to be provided at time of application.
If you meet one of the above standards, you need to completely fill out the reduced rate application form. Attach a copy the documentation for the category you qualify for and either mail it in or bring it to the Recreation Center for processing. Applications will not be processed without required documentation copy of identification, or assigned Lawful Presence Affidavit.
Please note: Medicaid cards will no longer be accepted as proof of Medicaid. If you are a Medicaid recipient, please include documentation from Medicaid stating the eligibility dates for this program.
- Once the application has been approved, the youth listed on the application will be entitled to one-half (50%) reduction in the resident fee for a selected class or program. Fees must be paid at the time of registration. Please Note: If you register and pay for a class before your reduced rate is approved, refunds or household credits will not be given.
- This eligibility is good for one calendar year - January through December. There is no need to re-apply for reduced rates each time a brochure is published.
- The family is responsible for any outside materials or equipment not supplied by the program.
- Classes that are offered on a contractual basis through the City of Lafayette are not eligible for the reduced rate. If you have questions regarding this please contact the Recreation Center at 303-665-0469.
- No single child can receive more than $100 in fee reductions per calendar year. Remaining funds are not transferable to any other child.
- Families that are approved for reduced rates for programs will be notified through the mail. This letter will explain the procedure for using this program.
- The reduced rate money allotted to each child for the year or for the remaining portion of the year will be prorated based on the date the application is received by the Recreation and Facility Management Department.
Please refer to the prorated schedule listed below:
- Winter/Spring - $100- Applications must be received by April 30, 2015.
- Summer - $75 - Applications must be received by June 30, 2015.
- Fall - $50 - Applications must be received by September 30, 2015.
The City of Lafayette offers a reduced rate plan for those Lafayette residents who apply for assistance and meet Social Services criteria (same as listed above for program fee assistance). Eligible citizens (adults and youth) will be able to use the Recreation Center & The Great Outdoors Waterpark for half of the daily admission fee. The applications are available at the Recreation Center & via the link above. These applications may be turned in throughout the year. The reduced rate is good through the calendar year. Applicants must apply each year for this program.