Training & Skills
Lynda.com is a premium online learning site with over 6,000 courses delivered by expert instructors, covering topics like business, web design, multimedia skills, software programs and much more. Users can earn certificates that can be uploaded to LinkedIn. The site is free to Lafayette Public Library users.
- Create an account and log in using the Lafayette Library link (you cannot use the public lynda.com link)
- Account/Password Help: contact Lynda.com directly at 888-335-9632, extension 623 or by email, email@example.com
- The password reset on the Lynda site will not work for Library patrons. You must contact Lynda directly for help.
- Search within the Lynda site for course offerings, or view them right in the Library's catalog.
- View/Print our Quick Reference sheet
- Tutorial: After you log in, type in "How to use Lynda.com"
- You must use the Library's portal to log in. You cannot access premium content from the main Lynda.com homepage.
- Access to the mobile app is not available for Library patrons (but mobile users can access the Library portal by using their device's web browser).
Career Online High School
Career Online High School (COHS) is an accredited high school diploma and career certificate program offered free of charge by Boulder Public Library in partnership with Colorado State Library. Boulder County residents who are 19-years-old or older are eligible to apply.
Free website sponsored by the Public Library Association, aiming to help promote computer and digital literacy. The site has helpful information on computer and internet basics, as well as guidance on how to avoid internet scams, protect your information, and grow your digital skills and confidence.
Free online Colorado DMV permit practice tests and manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL) in English and Spanish.