The Lafayette Public Library is a member of the Flatirons Library Consortium. Learn about FLC benefits and details.
Loan Periods and Limits
- 3 weeks: Books, DVDs (multiple-disc), Books on CD, Children’s Book Kits, Launchpad Tablets, Magazines, Graphic Novels, Music CDs, Nook Ereaders
- 1 week: DVDS (single-disc), State Park Passes
- 8 weeks: Book Group to Go Bags
- 2 hours: in-library use of iPads
- Limits: Patrons may have 99 items checked out (maximum 10 DVDs)
- Other FLC libraries borrowing details
- Most items from Lafayette and other FLC libraries renew automatically (up to 2 additional times) when no other patron has requested them.
- Lafayette Lucky Day items (and select items from other FLC libraries) do not renew.
Fees and Charges
- No fines for overdue items (as of January 1, 2020). Learn more about why we went fine free!
- Items not returned, or damaged, incur replacement charges. (We do not accept a duplicate item as a replacement.)
- 2 weeks after an item is due: account is blocked until item is returned or replacement cost paid
- 4 weeks after an item is due: replacement cost is added to patron account and patron is notified
- 8 weeks after an item is due: outstanding accounts of $25 or more sent to collection agency, and an additional $10 processing fee is added to the patron account
- Other FLC libraries: fee details
How to Pay Outstanding Fines and Fees
- At the front desk with cash, credit card, or check
- Over the phone with a credit card: call 303-665-1161
- By mail with a check: Lafayette Public Library, 775 W. Baseline Road, Lafayette, CO 80026
Returning Library Materials
Return to outdoor book drops in the parking lot, or to the indoor book return slot on your right when you enter the lobby.
- Lafayette-owned items: Books, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, and magazines
- Items from FLC libraries: Boulder, Broomfield, Longmont, Louisville, and Loveland. (Items from any of these libraries will be checked in at the library where they are returned and delivered back to their home library.)
Return the following to the Lobby Circulation Desk:
- Book Group to Go kits and Children’s Book Kits
- Nooks, Power Meters, Launchpad Tablets
- State Park Pass backpacks
Book Drop Hours
- Book drops are LOCKED when the Library will be closed for a holiday or other reason. No items are overdue and no fines are charged during these times.
- Book drops remain open overnight during non-holiday periods.