Park Shelter Rentals
Please follow proper COVID-19 protocol when using park shelters.
- Please continue to physically distance, staying at least 6’ away from members of another household
- Please wear face coverings when physical distancing is not possible
- Shelters are not sanitized. Patrons must take personal hygiene precautions.
- If you or a family member are not feeling well please stay home
You will need a WebTrac User ID and password to register in the the online reservation system, though you may browse as a guest.
Please use the forgot password/username link on www.cityoflafayette.com/registration page to change your password or retrieve an unknown or forgotten password. If you have rented a facility in the past, you have an existing User ID. If you have never registered for a class or rented a facility, please use the Create an Account Link.
Please note: reservations must be made two or more days in advance of the reservation date.
Rentals are restricted to 10 people per rental.
Shelter season is March through October. Payment is due at the time of reservation request.
The City of Lafayette only allows City Sponsored special events at these parks. Please call the Bob Burger Recreation Center at 303-665-0469 to discuss any special events at these locations.
- Fees (Peak - Memorial Day Weekend -Labor Day Weekend
- Fees (Off Peak - March-Memorial Day & Labor Day-Halloween)
- Additional Permits
- Rules and Regulations
- Cancellation Policy
|Park Shelter Name||Timeblock||Fee||All Day Fee||Capacity|
|Waneka Lake Park East||9-12, 1-4 or 5-8||$40.00 per block||$120.00||10|
|Waneka Lake Park West||9-12, 1-4 or 5-8||$40.00 per block||$120.00||10|
|LaMont Does Park||9-2 or 3-8||$60.00 per block||$90.00||10|
|Whitetail Park North||9-2 or 3-8||$40.00 per block||$80.00||10|
|Whitetail Park South||9-2 or 3-8||$60.00 per block||$120.00||10|
|Park Shelter Name||Timeblock||Fee||All Day Fee||Capacity|
|Waneka Lake Park East||9-2 or 3-8||$60 per block||$90||10|
|Waneka Lake Park West||9-2 or 3-8||$60 per block||$90||10|
|LaMont Does Park||9-2 or 3-8||$60 per block||$90||10|
|Whitetail Park North||9-2 or 3-8||$40 per block||$80||10|
|Whitetail Park South||9-2 or 3-8||$60 per block||$120||10|
|Permit Name||What It Allows||Where You Get It||Fee||Add'l Info|
|Alcohol||To serve alcohol to of-age members of your gathering.||Answer "Yes" to serving alcohol during your permit reservation request.||$25.00||This is NOT another physical permit. It is obtained simply by answering YES to serving alcohol at the time of your reservation.|
|Noise||To have amplified noise such as a band or DJ at your gathering within specific hours.||At City Hall, Located at 1290 S. Public Road||$10.00||This IS a separate physical permit from your shelter reservation. You are required to display this permit during your event and may be asked to see it.|
1. Special approval must be received for items such as bounce houses, food trucks, dunk tanks, hot air balloons, any kind of carnival setup, carnival games or activities, catering services, use of tents, awnings or rented shelters, port-a-lets, etc. A written request must be submitted to the Recreation Department to Kevin.Kroncke@CityofLafayette.com. If prior approval has not been received the damage deposit will automatically be assessed.
2. Please continue to physically distance, staying at least 6’ away from members of other households.
3. Please wear face coverings when physical distancing is not possible.
4. Shelters are not sanitized. Patrons must take personal hygiene precautions.
5. If you or a family member are not feeling well please stay home.
6. All parks open at 6 a.m. and close at 10 p.m. daily.
7. Glass containers of any kind are not permitted in any park.
8. Containers of alcoholic beverages in any park or recreation facility are prohibited, unless the person or party acquires a special use permit. Alcohol permits are only available when renting Park Shelters. If you have indicated you are serving alcohol during your application, an alcohol permit will be added to your reservation.
9. Motor vehicles are not permitted outside the designated parking areas of any park or recreation facility.
10. Littering is prohibited in any park or recreation facility. Please use trash receptacles provided. If trash is not cleaned up after an event the damage deposit will not be refunded. Notification will be sent if deposit is withheld. (If you think your party will have a large amount of trash or recycling, please bring an extra bag and haul out your excess).
11. Dogs must be leashed at all times while in any park or recreation facility.
12. Horses are not permitted in parks or on trails unless otherwise designated.
13. Fires are permitted in areas only where grills are provided.
14. Persons or parties possessing a valid permit have priority for using the sheltered picnic areas only. This permit in no way constitutes exclusive use of all park amenities. Permits must be available for inspection at all times.
15. It is unlawful for any person(s) other than City personnel to solicit, sell or offer any article, product, or service in any park without prior approval, permit or contract from the City.
16. Firearms are not permitted in any park or recreation facility.
17. Noise Ordinance -- Any use of sound amplifying equipment requires a Special Events and/or Sound Amplification Permit available through the City Clerk’s Office, City Hall, 1290 South Public Road, Lafayette, Colorado.
18. Refunds will not be given for inclement weather. Rescheduling will be considered only if available. There is a $10 rescheduling fee. Rental must be cancelled 4 weeks before the scheduled event to receive a full refund; only the damage deposit will be refunded for cancellations less than 4 weeks.
Violation of any of the above rules and regulations are subject to a minimum fine of $10 and a maximum fine of $300.
Call the Lafayette Police non-emergency number at 303-665-5571 if a park shelter will not be vacated during your permitted time.
Special Considerations and Requirements for Shelter Rentals:
WANEKA LAKE: There are three shelters at Waneka Lake. One cannot be reserved (it has a blue roof and is between the boathouse and parking lot). If you have a reservation at Waneka Lake, you may NOT use the non-reservable shelter at the time of your reservation. It is for first-come, first-serve use and cannot be used in conjunction with a reservation of either or both of the reservable shelters.
CATERING: Food must be carried in (not wheeled or dragged) from parking lot. Driving up to the structure to unload is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If using a large BBQ, it must be parked in a single space in the parking lot. Any open flame, bbq grills or burners to keep food hot must be kept on the cement pad under the shelter.
FOOD TRUCKS: Can only be in 1 parking space, serving your party only (no sales to non-party park users) and must have their City of Lafayette Sales Tax License on display.
DJ’s/BANDS/Noise Permits: You will need to complete a Noise Permit Application at City Hall, located at 1290 South Public Road if you require a noise permit. Please bring proof of reservation with you when you apply for this permit. The noise permit will require the NAME, ADDRESS, and PHONE NUMBER of the OWNER of the noise-producing equipment. You will need to display this permit at your event.
VOLLEYBALL/TENTS: If staking anything in the ground (volleyball net, croquet) please make sure that it is not next to a sprinkler head and does not go deeper than 6 inches or you will pierce the irrigation system.
BOUNCE HOUSES: Require a certificate of insurance from the rental company listing the City of Lafayette as additionally insured w/a minimum of $1 million combined liability coverage. Bounce houses cannot be larger than 15 x 15 and must be located in the parking lot. Please call 303-661-1467 for more information.
ELECTRICAL: We have GFI Outlets at the Shelters. If they are not working, please try pressing the small button to reset the plugs. Electrical is on during the shelter season.
I have rented a shelter and am planning on setting up a large tent for a wedding/special event/etc. is this ok?
Our parks are not suited for large special events. Large tents are not allowed, and when you reserve a shelter you have reserved the space of the shelter only- not any other space in the park. This is to keep our busy parks accessible to all citizens while still allowing a reservable space.
I would like to have a large event which I am advertising and cannot control the attendance of - is a park a good place for this?
There are capacity limits for each park shelter that allow the maximum amount of people to enjoy a reservable space. If you cannot guarantee that your gathering will have less than that capacity, a park shelter rental is not a good choice for your event.
I would like to rent a park shelter for an event where I am charging registration or somehow making money - is this ok?
Business of any kind is prohibited in Lafayette parks unless permissions is otherwise granted. Parks shelter rentals are intended for gatherings or friends, family, or citizens who are coming together without the expectation of a fee or compensation for their attendance.
Can my non-profit use the park shelter for free or reduced cost?
Our shelter reservation fees are designed to be as non-prohibitive as possible and we do not offer a non-profit rate.
If someone hasn't reserved the shelter before or after me, can I go early to set up, or stay beyond my reservation?
The shelter are first come, first serve, unless otherwise reserved. You can come early or stay after your reservation as long as the space is not being used or reserved.
I have a reservation that starts at 5, but I would like to set up at 4. Can I ask people to leave a shelter if they are there when I come to set up?
The shelter is reserved for you at the time you have rented. If you need additional set up or breakdown time, it is highly recommended you reserve the time that will allow you to complete the process as needed. A reservation does not give you the right to ask anyone to vacate a shelter outside of the time you have reserved the shelter.
Do I need to bring a copy of my permit? Will you post a copy of my permit?
Reservations are posted on the park shelters for the day the reservation is occurring. You can, but do not have to, bring your reservation permit/receipt.
1. Cancellations more than two weeks ahead of time will receive a full refund.
2. Cancellations less than two weeks ahead of time will receive a refund less a $25.00 administrative fee.
3. Cancellations less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled reservation will receive no refund, including cancellations that are
due to anticipated weather conditions.
4. Cancellations due to weather that cause a facility to close shall receive a full refund.
5. Rescheduling is subject to the applicable cancellations fees and pending availability.
6. Park shelters do not close due to real or impending inclement weather.
7. Refunds may take up to two weeks to be processed.
8. Cancellations of this reservation can be completed by calling 303-665-0469 or in person at the Bob Burger Recreation
Center at 111 W. Baseline Road, Lafayette CO 80026.
Here are step-by-step instructions for reserving a shelter through our online system:
- Click here to visit www.cityoflafayette.com/registration
- FIrst time to the site? Create an account. Been here before? Go ahead and login.
- Once logged in, search for the facility you wish to reserve by clicking the Park Pavilions picture or using the Parties and Rentals tab to select "Rent a Park Shelter"
- To search for a facility rental, select the park you are looking for in the location drop down, and the date you would like in the date selection. Once you hit “Search” all applicable rental options will show up.
- Once you find the Facility you would like to reserve, click the green time-block located in the bottom right corner of the facility page to add the reservation to your shopping cart. If the block is red, you can hover over to see why and/or look at the FAQ's at the top of the page.
- Once the facility has been added to your shopping cart, you will need to review and AGREE to the Facility Rules & Regs.
- You will also need to answer a couple “Facility Reservation Questions.” One of these will ask if you are serving alcohol. If you say yes, an alcohol permit will be added to your reservation and you will be charged $25.00.
- After answering the Facility reservation Questions, you will be directed to your shopping cart. To add another reservation select “Continue Shopping,” otherwise select “Proceed to Checkout."
- Now you will “Begin Checkout.” Review your charges and add a payment method.
- Enter your payment information and select “Process.”
- You will now receive a copy of your Confirmation Receipt in your e-mail or you may select to view the receipt in a PDF format.