Tax Help, Forms, & Information
Every year volunteers from the AARP assist people (by appointment, no charge) in preparing and filing their taxes.
Wednesdays & Saturdays, 10:30 am to 4 pm, February 5-April 15
- Appointments required; spaces fill very quickly.
- Location: Lower Level meeting room, Lafayette Public Library
- Participants need to fill out Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet (available at the Library while supplies last)
Ways to Sign Up
- Register and book the appointment online at https://cotaxaide.org/appt/
- Call 303-661-1163
- Stop by the upper level Adult Services desk.
Bring To Your Appointment
- Photo ID (required) Social Security Cards for anyone listed on the tax return (required)
- All income statements (W2, 1099s, SSAs, Brokerage Statements, etc.)
- Medical information including insurance information. Information for deductions (mortgage interest, property tax, gifts to charities, etc.)
- Fill out ahead of time or at your appointment: Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet
More information on specific locations will be added soon.
AARP Tax Aide Locator tool (call locations to confirm as dates may change or show last year's dates)
Alternate Resources or Providers
VITA Free Tax Help Locator (call locations to confirm as dates may change or show last year's dates)
Tax Help Colorado (Piton - call locations to confirm as dates may change or show last year's dates)
Pick up Forms
Every year, the IRS sends a selection of forms (and some instructions) for distribution. Once available, they will be on a table in the Lobby on the main level of the Library.
Form 1040A or Form 1040EZ are no longer in use; they have been replaced with the redesigned Form 1040. Many people will only need to file Form 1040 and no schedules.
Located in the Lobby
Available as of January 31:
- 1040 Booklet - includes new 1040 form, and schedules 1-6.
- 1040 Instructions
- State of Colorado (booklet includes instructions and forms)
- Intake Form for those attending AARP Tax Help sessions: Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet
- Binder with other common forms for patrons to use for self-serve copies (10 cents/pg). We typically will have Library copies of instructions and the Tax Guide.
Forms and Instructions can be downloaded year round from the IRS.
- Federal Forms - 2019 (once available), 2018 and Prior Years
- State Forms - Colorado
- State Forms - Other States
Order Forms & Instructions by Mail
- Order Online: www.irs.gov
- Order by Phone: 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676).
IRS and State of Colorado Service Locations
Colorado IRS website
Denver, CO 80202
Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Colorado Department of Revenue Taxation Division Website
Denver Service Center
1375 Sherman Street, Denver, CO 80261
Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm