Tax Help, Forms, & Information
Every year volunteers from the AARP assist people (by appointment, no charge) in preparing and filing their taxes.
2019 Schedule (now accepting reservations): Wednesdays, 10:30 am - 4:30 pm, February 6-April 10.
- Appointments required; spaces fill very quickly.
- Location: Lower Level meeting room, Lafayette Public Library
- New this year: participants need to fill out Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet (available at the Library while supplies last)
How to Sign up
- Register and book the appointment online at https://cotaxaide.org/appt/
- If you need help making an appointment, Library staff can help you. Call 303-661-1163, or 303-665-5200 (option 2), or stop by the upper level Adult Services desk.
Bring To Your Appointment
- Photo ID (required) Social Security Cards for anyone listed on the tax return (required)
- All income statements (W2, 1099s, SSAs, Brokerage Statements, etc.)
- Medical information including insurance information. Information for deductions (mortgage interest, property tax, gifts to charities, etc.)
- New this year: fill out ahead of time or at your appointment: Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet
Boulder, West Boulder Senior Center - Tuesdays - 720-475-6639
Boulder, East Boulder Senior Center - Fridays - 720-475-6639
Broomfield Senior Center – Fridays – 303-464-5526
Longmont Senior Center – Tuesdays/Thursdays – 303-774-4429
Louisville Senior Center - Mondays - 303-335-4919
AARP Tax Aide Locator tool (call locations to confirm as dates may change or show last year's dates)
Alternate Resources or Providers
VITA/IRS Tax Prep at CU Boulder - Drop in, no appointments
Saturdays 9-1 and Wednesdays 5-7 thru April 10
Koelbel Building, Rm. 375 995 Regent Drive (across from the Event Center; Free Parking Garage at Regent Drive)
Find other VITA/IRS sites; VITA Free Tax Help Locator
Tax Help Colorado (Piton)
Pick up Forms
Every year, the IRS sends a selection of forms (and some instructions) for distribution. Once available, they will be on a table in the Lobby on the main level of the Library.
New this year, per IRS site: For Tax Year 2018, you will no longer use Form 1040A or Form 1040EZ, but instead will use the redesigned Form 1040. Many people will only need to file Form 1040 and no schedules.
Located in the Lobby
- 1040 Booklet - includes new 1040 form, and schedules 1-6. Does not include instructions or other schedules.
- 1040 Instruction Booklet
- State of Colorado (booklet includes instructions and forms)
- Intake Form for those attending AARP Tax Help sessions: Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet
- Binder with other common forms for patrons to use for self-serve copies (10 cents/pg). We typically will have Library copies of instructions and the Tax Guide.
Forms and Instructions can be downloaded year round from the IRS.
- Federal Forms - 2018 (once available), 2017 and Prior Years
- State Forms - Colorado
- State Forms - Other States
Order Forms & Instructions by Mail
- Order Online: www.irs.gov
- Order by Phone: 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676).
IRS and State of Colorado Service Locations
Colorado IRS website
Denver, CO 80202
Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Colorado Dept. of Revenue Taxation Division Website
Denver Service Center
1375 Sherman St., Denver, CO 80261
Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm