Join the Public Arts Committee (PAC)! There are one alternate positions available.
- Interviews held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7pm at the Collective.
- Read through the detailed position information on this page before submitting an application.
- Or, download the printable application
- Return it by the deadline to Susan Booker at The Collective Community Arts Center, 201 N. Public Road.
You may also apply separately for open positions on the Cultural Arts Commission (LCAC).
- LCAC deadlines: interviews held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7pm at the Collective.
The Public Art Committee (PAC), a subcommittee of the Cultural Arts Commission (LCAC), is an advisory group appointed by City Council to review proposals and make recommendations regarding the selection and display of public artwork. The PAC is also responsible for advising the Arts and Cultural Resources Department regarding the administration, management, maintenance and repair of public artwork.
- The seven members serve three-year terms. One member serves as a member of LCAC and PAC and acts as a liaison between the two groups. There are two alternate members.
- Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month at 7 pm at The Collective Community Arts Center, 201 N. Public Road
Members are responsible for:
- Making recommendations to the Arts & Cultural Resources Director regarding budgets, and goals and objectives for public art in Lafayette.
- Making recommendations, and where feasible, assisting with marketing and promotion of PAC projects and programs.
- Supporting programs, including Art on the Street, See & Respond Art show and reception, Education Outreach, and the selection of public art, and identifying locations for public art.
Desired Qualifications or Interests
Candidates should appreciate and value the important role of arts and culture in a community.
Contact Staff Liaison
For more information, contact Susan Booker, Arts & Cultural Resources Director (phone: 303-661-1260).
Requirements & Duties
- Resident of Lafayette for at least 12 months (prior to appointment)
- Registered voter
- Attend scheduled meetings
- May be required to attend other meetings or volunteer at special events to promote work of the committee.
About the Process
The City of Lafayette posts candidate applications (with personal information redacted) online after the deadline for a position has passed. Full applications and supplemental documents (such as resumes) are available from the City Clerk according to the Colorado Open Records Act.
View redacted applications for recently closed positions (as available)