Library-Sponsored Book Discussion Groups
- LafayetteREADs! is a quarterly reading and discussion group, under the umbrella of Lafayette Public Library. We select fiction and nonfiction books that are not only great reads, but that are relevant to today’s issues.
- On The Same Page is an annual community read, where members of Lafayette, Louisville, and Superior all read the same book. A new book is chosen each summer, with book discussions and performances held in the fall.
- Teen Collection Connection volunteers meet monthly to discuss and recommend books and more.
- Sign up (or unsubscribe) for the email list about upcoming Library-sponsored book talks or author events.
What are they Reading?
Independent Book Groups
These groups meet at the Library or other community locations, and are open to the public. New members are welcome.
More details about groups, including library meeting dates, can be found on the Library Book Group Calendar or by clicking on the name of the group in the chart below. Questions? Call the contact person listed below.
|Last Word Book Club||Library||Monthly: First Wednesday at 11:30 am||Ruth, 913-269-5804|
|Newcomer's Book Club||Library||Monthly: First Wednesday at 10 am||Jenny, 217-494-9054|
|The UnBook Club||Library||Every other month on Second Wednesday at 10:30 am||Ellen, 303-818-7373|
|Lafayette Book Club||Varies||Contact for details||517-927-8748|
|Friday Morning Book Club||Lafayette Senior Center||Monthly: First Friday at 9 am||Heide, 303-661-1491|
|Murder Mystery Book Club||Lafayette Senior Center||Monthly: First Friday at 10 am||Heide, 303-661-1491|
Start a New Group
- Meet at the Library!
- Book groups are independently run; the Library cannot provide staff assistance for book groups.
- Groups open to the public may use the Library conference room (capacity: 36) free of charge.
- Groups closed to the public are welcome, and may rent the conference room for $20/hr.
- If you have no need of Library space, you may still take advantage of the resources listed below.
- Complete the interest form if you would like your group to meet at the Library
Resources for any Book Clubs
- Book Group to Go Kits. Each kit contain 10 copies of a title, discussion questions, author information, and more great ideas for your group. Groups do not have to meet at the Library to check out the kits. Check-out time for the kits is typically 6 weeks (verify with staff when you check out!).
- Colorado State Library Book Group Resource: fantastic free service with a frequently updated website with ideas for titles and kits available to borrow.