Book Group Information
Library-Sponsored Book Discussion Groups
Lafayette READS! is a quarterly reading and discussion group, under the umbrella of Lafayette Public Library. We select books that are not only great reads, but that are relevant to today’s issues. Informal discussions are open to all, and focus on the book itself, as well as on ways in which the story sheds light on the contemporary world. Lafayette READS! covers both fiction and nonfiction, new books and rediscovered classics.
- Sign up (or unsubscribe) for the email list about upcoming Library-sponsored book talks or author events
Independent Book Groups
These groups meet at the Library or other community locations, and are open to the public. New members are welcome. Most meetings can be found on the Lafayette Library Calendar. Questions? Call the contact person listed below.
|Last Word Book Club||Library||Monthly; First Wednesday at 11:30 am||Kathy, 303-665-5061|
|Newcomer's Book Club||Library||Monthly; First Wednesday at 10 am||Frances, 303-666-7556|
|Lafayette Book Club||Varies||Contact for details||517-927-8748|
|Friday Morning Book Club||Lafayette Senior Center||Monthly; First Friday at 9 am||Renee, 303-665-9052 x5|
|Murder Mystery Book Club||Lafayette Senior Center||Monthly; First Friday at 10 am||Renee, 303-665-9052 x5|
Start a New Group
- Meet at the Library!
- Book groups are independently run; the Library cannot provide staff assistance for book groups.
- Groups open to the public may use the Library conference room (capacity: 36) free of charge.
- Groups closed to the public are welcome, and may rent the conference room for $20/hr.
- If you have no need of Library space, you may still take advantage of the resources listed below.
- Complete the interest form if you would like your group to meet at the Library
Resources for any Book Clubs
- Book Group to Go Kits. Each kit contain 10 copies of a title, discussion questions, author information, and more great ideas for your group. Groups do not have to meet at the Library to check out the kits. Check-out time for the kits is typically 6 weeks (verify with staff when you check out!).
- Colorado State Library Book Group Resource: fantastic free service with a frequently updated website with ideas for titles and kits available to borrow.