HomePrint PageTranslate
Click to Home

Go To Search
Holiday and Christmas Tree Fire Safety
Decorating homes and businesses is a long-standing tradition around the holiday season. Unfortunately, these same decorations may increase your chances of fire.

Following a few simple fire safety tips can keep electric lights, candles and the ever popular Christmas tree from creating a tragedy.



Holiday Decoration Fire Safety Tips:
Don’t put your live Christmas tree up too early or leave it up for longer than two weeks.

Place trees away from heat sources, including fireplaces or heat vents. The heat will dry out the tree, causing it to be more easily ignited by heat, flame or sparks.

Keep the live tree stand filled with water at all times.

Use only nonflammable decorations.

Don’t link more than three light strands, unless the directions indicate it’s safe. Connect strings of lights to an extension cord before plugging the cord into the outlet.

Avoid using lit candles; consider using battery-operated flameless candles, which can look, smell and feel like real candles.

Ensure that Christmas trees and other holiday decorations don’t block an exit way.
 Christmas safety at home

RSSEmail Page
FacebookTwitter