Every year volunteers from the AARP, coordinated by the Lafayette Public Library, assist people (by appointment, no charge) in preparing and filing their taxes.
2017 Schedule: Wednesdays, 1-4 pm, February 1-April 12 (except for March 3: 1-3pm)
- Appointments required.
- Call for an appointment: 303-661-1163 or 303-665-5200 (option 2).
- Sign up in person: Adults Services desk (located at top of stairs from lobby)
- Location: Lower Level meeting room, Lafayette Public Library
What to Bring
- Photo ID (required)
- Social Security Cards for anyone listed on the tax return (required)
- All income statements (W2, 1099s, SSAs, Brokerage Statements, etc.)
- Medical information including insurance information.
- Information for deductions (mortgage interest, property tax, gifts to charities, etc.)
What about forms or online resources?
- When tax forms become available, the Tax Information page will be updated. The page also includes links to online forms and resources and other tax help locations.