Have you noticed? Libraries are changing! Books are just the beginning: libraries today are technology centers, community gathering spots, and the place to access all kinds of information resources.
If you are intrigued by the changes in the world of libraries and information, and interested in helping shape the future of library services in Lafayette, consider applying for membership on the Library Board. The Board is seeking enthusiastic applicants to serve as board members and alternates.
The Library Board is a City Council appointed board whose role is to work with library staff to envision the future and set strategic goals for the library, to develop and maintain library policies, and to advocate for the library in the community. We need community members who believe in the importance of literacy, are thoughtful about the future of libraries, and are willing to be active advocates for the work that we do.
Applicants to the Library Board should:
• Appreciate and value the importance of the Library to the Lafayette Community
• Have lived in Lafayette for at least one year
• Be registered to vote in Lafayette
• Be able to attend meetings the second Monday of each month at 6:30 pm at the Lafayette Public Library.
• Be willing and able to participate in additional activities occasionally, based on current projects and programs
The application deadline is February 28. [link to application form page]
Questions? Contact Library Director Betsy Stroomer for more information
(email@example.com or 303-661-1165).