- Kids in grades 1-3 are paired with mentors in grades 7-12
- Fall, Winter/Spring, and Summer sessions
How to Apply
- Please check back in December for information about applying to the Winter/Spring 2018 session.
- Kids in grades K-5 meet as a group to play reading, vocabulary, and storytelling games with our wonderful teen volunteers.
- No commitment. Sign up for one or more individual meetings.
- View calendar; click link to register. There are drop-in playdates on Tuesdays from 4-5 when the regular Reading Buddies are not in session.
Reading Buddies gives kids one-on-one reading practice with caring, creative teen in a fun, low-stress environment.
Farewell to Sarah
For the past ten years our Reading Buddies program has been guided by coordinator Sarah Dodson-Knight. She has nurtured the program and watched as Little Buddies moved on to become readers, and some became Big Buddies and other Library volunteers. Sarah expanded the program in many ways, bringing it to Boulder Ridge Mobile Park, and creating Reading Buddies playdates to keep kids reading throughout the year.
The Library is grateful to Sarah for all of her care and work this past decade and we wish her all the best!