17th Annual Lafayette Community Art Show
March 30 - May 31, 2013
- Friday, March 29
Delivery of Art
- Saturday, March 30, 10:00 am - noon
- $10 per item
- Two-dimensional pieces —Minimum framed size is 8”x10”. Maximum size is 36” x 36”.2D Pieces must be framed and wired for hanging. No saw-tooth hangers accepted. Fabric entries must have a rod and wire attached to accommodate the Library’s hanging system.Three-dimensional Pieces — Pieces may be displayed in glass display cases in the lobby of the Library depending on size. Non-fragile pieces may be displayed outside of display cases at the discretion of city staff.
- Dry Media (pencil, ink, pastel, scratchboard,
charcoal); Wet Media (oil, acrylic, gouache); Dimensional (sculpture, glass, fiber, ceramic/pottery, jewelry); Photography and Digital Art; Mixed Media
- $100 Best of Show, and in each media category: $75 - 1st Place; $50 - 2nd Place; $25 - 3rd Place
Awards and Reception
- Saturday, March 30, 3:30 p.m.
- Jocelyn Hunter and Colleen Tucker are owner/artists of pARTiculars Art Gallery and Teaching Studio in Lafayette. Colleen has a degree in Art History and a minor in Fine Arts. Her paintings have won awards in Lafayette and Erie and she participated in Boulder Open Studios. Jocelyn is a self-taught jewelry artist. She has served as a juror, participant, and judge in several different art events and works to promote collaborations among artists, civic leaders, business owners and the community.
- Funding for this event is provided by the Scientific & Cultural Facilities District.