eBooks, Audiobooks, Video
Borrow ebooks, download audio, & stream video
Using a free, secure program called Overdrive, you can borrow up to four items at a time, for up to 3 weeks, from the Front Range Downloadable Library using your Lafayette Public Library card number.
All of the items you can download can also be found and borrowed through the Library catalog (but you will need to use the main Overdrive app, or their alternative app Libby, to enjoy these titles on a mobile device).
Have a mobile device or tablet? You can use either the main Overdrive App, or an alternative Overdrive App called Libby.
- Android devices or newer Kindle devices: launch Google Play or the Amazon Appstore, search for Overdrive, and download either Overdrive or Libby.
- Apple devices: get the app from iTunes/App Store.
- Nooks: Find your device and get started.
- Not sure or have an older reader? Pick your device to get help.
- You will need your Lafayette Library card number and an email address to get started.
What is the difference between Overdrive and Libby?
Both Libby and the OverDrive app offer the same content from your library. Overdrive has more features; Libby has a simpler interface allowing you to navigate and browse more easily across multiple libraries while you’re always one tap away from your loans.
Using Overdrive on a PC instead of a Device:
You will still browse for content directly on the Front Range Downloadable Library, or find titles in the main Library Catalog. You will still use Overdrive to read or listen in your browser.
Overdrive Help gives clear, step-by-step instructions about downloading ebooks and more on a variety of devices.
Need More Help?
A computer coach can work with you one-on-one: view Computer Coach schedule.