Computer Lab & Equipment
- Using the Computer Lab: What You Need to Know
- Located in the Computer Lab on the Lobby level behind the circulation desk.
- Available for users of any age; users must adhere to Internet Policy and Acceptable Use Guidelines. Children and Teens may obtain computer-only cards without a guardian present (for use in the upstairs kid or teen zone computers).
- Lobby Lab is for adults 17 or older. If accompanied by an adult who remains in the lab, children under 17 must request a guest pass as kid and teen card numbers will not work in the lab.Additional computers for children and teens only are located on the top level in the Children's Area and Teen Zone.
- All Colorado residents must obtain their own computer-only or borrowing card; out-of-state residents may ask for a guest pass.
- Staff and volunteers can provide basic help with computer, e-reader, and other tech issues. View Computer Coach hours | Use online skill-building and test prep resources
- Starting in Spring 2018, iPads will be available for use anywhere in the Library.
- To print, add money to your Library card at any service desk. B/W prints: 10 cents/page; Color prints: 25 cents/page.
- To scan, you may use either the scan station or the copy machine in the Lobby-level Computer Lab. Scanning with either machine is free.
- To make copies, use the copy machine in the Lobby-level Computer Lab. Copies are 10 cents/page.
- NO FAX MACHINE (ask staff for other locations with this service)
- Flash drives for saving work are available for purchase for $3.50
- Enlarger for magnifying printed reading material (upstairs near vending machine)
- Nook ereaders, pre-loaded with ebooks, available for checkout (on display in the Lobby)
- Launchpad Tablets (with preloaded games and apps) are available for checkout
- Microfilm reader (located in the Nonfiction area in the Archives: ask staff for assistance)
- Vending machine with drinks and snacks (top level near magazines)
- Use your own device; no password required.
- Connect to Lafayette Public Library Guest; launch browser window; accept terms and conditions.
- LPL does not provide security or virus protection.
- LPL is not responsible for damages due to incorrect or insufficient security or virus protection settings.
- A laptop and device charging counter is located on the top level near the vending machine.
Wireless printing is available from your own computer or mobile device.
- B/W prints: 10 cents/page; Color prints: 25 cents/page.
- Send your documents to a printer: 1st Floor (IP 192.168.1.100) or 2nd Floor ( IP 192.168.1.200)
- Pay for and pick up your prints from the staff person at the service desk on the level with the printer you selected.
- Get help with wireless printing