Tax Help, Forms, & Information
Tax Help - Lafayette Public Library
Every year volunteers from the AARP assist people (by appointment, no charge) in preparing and filing their taxes.
2017 Schedule: Wednesdays, 1-4 pm, February 1-April 12. Exception: March 3, 1-3pm
- Appointments required. Signups begin Monday, January 9
- Location: Lower Level meeting room, Lafayette Public Library
- Call for an appointment: 303-661-1163 or 303-6652-5200 (option 2).
- Sign up in person: Adults Services desk (located at top of stairs from lobby)
What to Bring
- Photo ID (required)
- Social Security Cards for anyone listed on the tax return (required)
- All income statements (W2, 1099s, SSAs, Brokerage Statements, etc.)
- Medical information including insurance information.
- Information for deductions (mortgage interest, property tax, gifts to charities, etc.)
Tax Help - Other Locations
- Tax Help Colorado: Printable list of dates/locations in English/Spanish | Search for a location
Pick up Forms
Every year, the IRS sends a selection of forms (and some instructions) for distribution. We now have the following forms available on a first-come, first-served basis. This page will be updated if we run out, or add more.
- Colorado Department of Revenue Form 104 (instruction and form combined in a booklet)
- 1040 (form and instructions)
- 1040EZ (form and instructions)
- Forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040X
- Schedules: A, B, C, C-EZ, D, EIC, SE
- Forms 2441, 8962, 8965
Forms and Instructions can be downloaded year round from the IRS.
Order Forms & Instructions by Mail
Order Online: www.irs.gov
Order by Phone: 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676).
IRS and State of Colorado Service Locations
Colorado IRS website
Denver, CO 80202
Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Colorado Dept. of Revenue Taxation Division Denver Service Center
1375 Sherman St. Denver, CO 80261
Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm